Sick sinus syndrome in young woman with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome
Coincidence or associated comorbidity?
Keywords:Vagina/Abnormalities, Sick Sinus Syndrome, Congenital Abnormalities
Case report of a 39-year-old woman with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome and sick sinus syndrome requiring a definitive pacemaker. As a young patient, without secondary causes of bradycardia, we suggest the possibility of a relationship between these two diseases, since there are reports of the association of Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome and structural heart diseases, and no reports of a relationship with bradycardia until now.
2. Thery C, Gosselin B, Lekieffre J, Warembourg H. Pathology of sinoatrial node. Correlations with electrocardiographic findings in 111 patients. Am Heart J. 1977;93(6):735-40. PMID: 871100 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0002-8703(77)80070-7
3. Jensen PN, Gronroos NN, Chen LY, et al. Incidence of and risk factors for sick sinus syndrome in the general population. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;64(6):531-8. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2014.03.056
4. Melo CS. Tratado de Estimulação Cardíaca Artificial. 5a ed. Barueri: Minha Editora; 2015. p. 179-81.
5. Bjørsum-Meyer T, Herlin M, Qvist N, Petersen MB. Vertebral defect, anal atresia, cardiac defect, tracheoesophageal fistula/esophageal atresia, renal defect, and limb defect association with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome in co-occurrence: two case reports and a review of the literature. J Med Case Rep. 2016;10(1):374. DOI: http://dx.doi.
6. Solomon BD. VACTERL/VATER Association. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2011;6:56. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1750-1172-6-56
7. Al-Farqani A, Panduranga P, Al-Maskari S, Thomas E. VACTERL association with double-chambered left ventricle: A rare occurrence. Ann Pediatr Cardiol. 2013;6(2):200-1. PMID: 24688248 PMCID: PMC3957460. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4103/0974-2069.115283